The List

  • The 5,000 Year Leap-The Miracle That Changed The World
  • The Circle Trilogy-Ted Dekker
  • Expelled-Ben Stein

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another day

I do find it truly astounding how many times I can run into the footboard of our bed. We've only had this in place for maybe a couple of weeks. Thanks to a thoughtful friend it was given to us...along with the head board....I felt so grown up ...and still do walking into my room and seeing a head board on our bed. A real live grown up I would think to myself...until I started running into the footboard every day, and multiple times in one day. I found hope in the assumption that after a few days I'd be used to it and naturally widen my turns around the bed on my way out of the room but that doesn't seem to be the case. After the most recent incident that literally brought me to the floor in shock as my whole leg went numb I had the thought that I may never get to a point where I don't run into it. However I like it so much I can't seem to decide what's worth more.....my legs or the foot board. My most recent bruise count resulting from these collisions totaled just under ten....with one massive discolored soft spot that marks the area that takes repetitive beatings....even now as I stood up to double check my math I bumped my head on the shelf that houses this very computer.....so I will count that bruise as well since it was acquired while talking of the others..indirectly the footboard is still responsible.
There, a nice even ten.
When in life did I start placing such value on things like foot boards and head boards? When in life did I turn into someone who would actually pause to decide if the foot board should remain in place even when it causes so much pain?
Pride. Hard headedness. Stupidity. Laziness. ....any of these could be the culprit, with laziness being the most unlikely.
Either way the footboard is still there for the time being. It's going to take a lot more than paralysis to get me to give in to this fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment